• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts (without a facebook) birthdays wont add to calendar?

Planet Urth

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
Does anyone know how to sync my contacts birthdays (those that don't have a Facebook) with my calendar?? My calendar displays all my Facebook friends bdays but not my contacts without a facebook. I have to manually enter their bday in calendar even though I added it to the contact info...is there a setting to automatically add these contacts bdays??

Does anyone know how to sync my contacts birthdays (those that don't have a Facebook) with my calendar?? My calendar displays all my Facebook friends bdays but not my contacts without a facebook. I have to manually enter their bday in calendar even though I added it to the contact info...is there a setting to automatically add these contacts bdays??

Try going to your Google Calendar on line. On the left side under "Other Calendars" you will see an "add" click on it and choose "Browse Interesting Calendars" Then under the "Other" tab choose "Contacts Birthdays and Events" Subscribe to that. It takes time to sync but works for me.

Upvote 0
That works...totally missed the "more" tab last night when I was checking into it

did this
google calendar from desktop click add under other calendars click browse interesting calendars then click more and click contacts birthdays and events, then go to your phone and hit menu, settings, accounts and sync, gmail, calendar to sync calendar and they will be there!

woohoo thanks Kenster!

Reactions: Planet Urth
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones