• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

converts all pictures to multimedia and then doesn't send

TXBamanut

Aug 15, 2010
Pretty much what I said... My Samsung Cappy now converts all pics to a 5 sec multimedia file and then it fails to send the picture. I take the pic, select the "share" function, from the list pic "messaging"...in the composition of the message it claims the pic is too large and that it's converting it...it "converts" it and it shows as a thumbnail with a "play" triangle on it in my messaging app. If I tap on it, it will play like 5 seconds of a still shot, complete with a progress bar and transport controls...and it WON'T send in a text message for anything...

I've just noticed this in the last 2-3 weeks, but that could be cause I don't normally send pic messages...any help?

This has been happening to me too lately and I did NOT update to Froyo.

I was trying to figure out why some people were getting my 'photos' and some were not, it appears that the friends who do not have video capability is not getting them (obviously I know now because they are being sent as 5 second videos).

I do not get any errors, the picture sends as usual but when I check my message thread and click on it, it plays like a video.

GAH!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones