• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copying Contacts

troutman47

Lurker
Apr 25, 2011
Hi,
I got my Desire HD today and want to copy my contacts from my Blackberry Curve 8900, I've tried just putting the old sim in and use 'import/export' but it says I have no contacts on there and I'm sure I've saved all contacts to sim.

I have tried bluetoothing them over but get an error and can't transfer them so what can I do?

Many thanks for your help

When I first turned the phone on, I was given the option to import the contacts from my old handset via bluetooth. Did you not get asked that question? You can run the setup again via the app menu.

Alternatively, can you export the contacts from your blackberry to a .csv file? If you can, import them (via the contacts section) to the gmail account associated with your phone. When you sync, they should appear on your handset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones