Corporate email costSupport

Last Updated:

1. wethead4

wethead4 Member This Topic's Starter

What is the difference between 30 and 45$ data plan offered by verizon? I know it says one is for corporate email but can is there anything stopping you from getting work email pushed usin30$ plan?

Advertisement
  2. cdd543

cdd543 Well-Known Member

The $30 plan is all you need.

3. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, nobody's ever been able to demonstrate any difference in functionality.

4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

5. thepro8

thepro8 Active Member

I've been able to access my coprate email, calendar, and directory through exchange no problem with the $30 plan

6. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

I always thought it had something to do with the Email exchange, but apparently you can do that on the 30$ plan lol, so not sure what it is... Below is fro there site and it makes you think its so you have to hook up to a corporate exchange server... Can't you do that anyways? kinda misleading...

[​IMG]

So can someone share some moer light on this subject?

7. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Newp - all you're going to get are statements that everything works under the $30 plan, and maybe an anecdote about an "official" statement from a VZW rep a while back that mentioned the $45 plan being intended for company-issued devices.

8. jacobsjg

jacobsjg Active Member

With non-Android phones, verizon had control over allowing exchange email access. With android, they are a data pipe. I run an exchange 2010 server at home and have the cheaper data plan. I can do everything that htc's exchange integration can handle.

Before I signed up I asked my company's verizon rep about the difference and got the same non-answer.

Get the cheap plan. If you decide you are not paying enough to verizon later, you can always "upgrade".

9. thrillerbee

thrillerbee Active Member

If your employer uses Good, like mine does, you have to have a 'feature code' added to your Verizon account before it will work. That requires the extra special $45 data plan... no thanks.

10. knowsomething

knowsomething Active Member

The 40.00 plan is for black berry enterprise servers and good messaging servers. Anything else you can pretty much work with a regular data plan.

11. wethead4

What is "good" messaging servers? if you active sync to a bes server, do you still need the 45$ plan? I understand blackberrys use BES and they require the 45$ plan. but for android, is there any circumstance that requires this corporate plan?

12. wethead4

What a rip, to me, it sounds like unless you have a blackberry connecting to a BES, you should not be paying for this corporate plan. Is there any circumstance that requires the 45$ corporate plan

13. wethead4

for an android phone that is?

14. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Had (5) Blackberries on BES/Exchanged, was being charged the $49 plan for each, now we are all on the $29 plan, for 2 months and no issues.