• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Corporate Email for $29.99?

The $45 plan is a great gimmick for those who don't know better and think they need to spend the extra money to get work email, contacts, calendar, etc. TouchDown, which I have used for quite a while now, works perfectly...no need for the enterprise data plan. On the Inc. I have the $29 plan and I am confident email will continue to work - TouchDown or HTC Exchange. As others have said, the issue with BB is they require BlackBerry exchange for those that have the service set up at their office. This extra step is what costs more. For one, most businesses are willing to pay the extra amount.

Upvote 0
The $45 plan also allows you (or allowed you to, when you had a WinMo device) to use VZW's Wireless Sync Server. You installed the client on your WinMo phone and a client on your desktop PC and it was a real time push/sync with Outlook. I loved it!!! it worked both ways... if I updated Outlook Calendar on PC, my phone immediately updated - and vice-versa - if I updated my phone, it showed immediately on my PC.

I never had to worry about hooking my phone up - or even if it was via bluetooth/wirelessly - syncing my phone when I got home to make sure my calendar/contacts/email where all in sync.

This is truly one thing I will miss!!! But!!!! I think I found a work around, I think gSyncIt is/will do the job for me and sync my Google Calendar/Contacts real time as well.

Hope this shines a little light on the $44.99 subject.

Jon

Upvote 0
The $45 plan also allows you (or allowed you to, when you had a WinMo device) to use VZW's Wireless Sync Server. You installed the client on your WinMo phone and a client on your desktop PC and it was a real time push/sync with Outlook. I loved it!!! it worked both ways... if I updated Outlook Calendar on PC, my phone immediately updated - and vice-versa - if I updated my phone, it showed immediately on my PC.

I never had to worry about hooking my phone up - or even if it was via bluetooth/wirelessly - syncing my phone when I got home to make sure my calendar/contacts/email where all in sync.

This is truly one thing I will miss!!! But!!!! I think I found a work around, I think gSyncIt is/will do the job for me and sync my Google Calendar/Contacts real time as well.

Hope this shines a little light on the $44.99 subject.

Jon

This is what i'm worried about.

I update my PC and need it instantly updated to my phone, and I update my phone and need it instantly updated to my PC. Mainly for the calendar as I am constantly in meetings, rooms change last minute, and I need to stay connected.

For that, I am willing to pay $45. I am just not sure yet if anyone can tell me I get this for the $29 plan. I ordered the phone with the $29 plan, so when I get the phone next week, I guess I'll find out for myself. Dont want the $29 plan if updates on my phone dont get instantly updated to my PC, especially if I have to manually sync it as well.

Upvote 0
This is what I'm worried about.

I update my PC and need it instantly updated to my phone, and I update my phone and need it instantly updated to my PC. Mainly for the calendar as I am constantly in meetings, rooms change last minute, and I need to stay connected.

For that, I am willing to pay $45. I am just not sure yet if anyone can tell me I get this for the $29 plan. I ordered the phone with the $29 plan, so when I get the phone next week, I guess I'll find out for myself. Dont want the $29 plan if updates on my phone dont get instantly updated to my PC, especially if I have to manually sync it as well.

I used gSyncIt and it updated my Outlook Calendar with Google and my Droid. No reason to have the $45 plan for that, all the phone needed was the simple sync with Google, which you have automatically anyway.

The only caveat with gSyncIt was that Outlook has to be open on the PC that it is running on for it to run... if not, then it syncs when you open and close it. If someone else has a better idea, I am all open ears!

Jon

Upvote 0
But I dont use gmail (other than for spam emails). I use Outlook for my corporate emails. Some people have said to do some kind of sync where Google syncs with my Outlook, and then it can sync my google instantly to my phone, as a work around.

I'd rather avoid that and just sync between my phone and Outlook (corporate email)

Upvote 0

As mentioned previously in this thread, you have wirelessly reconciled exchange support for the $29.99 price. Sorry if you don't want to believe it.

Reactions: JFeisty
Upvote 0

My new company Verizon WireMORE I will sell you a data plan of $99 per month and I will guarantee nothing more than you paying now. :D

j/k - You do NOT need the corporate plan.

Upvote 0
I support Blackberries, iPhones, Androids and anything else out there... We do not use BB Enterprise Server - we use Internet! We have never used the $45 plan rather the $30 plan works perfect.

I do not see any reason for you to have to go for the $45 plan.... Personally I have an ERIS with Exchange and the $30 plan and no issues what so ever...

Upvote 0
My first post is going to be a real winner!

Here is what it says on the Verizon Wireless Site:

Unlimited Corporate Email & Web for Smartphones (business & personal email). $44.99/month

Get unlimited access to the Internet and your corporate and personal email accounts.

*Get access to corporate email using Wireless Sync, Exchange Active Sync, IBM Lotus Notes Traveler or Good Mobile Messaging.
*Check and send personal emails when you’re out and about.
*Enjoy unlimited Internet access.

Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones (personal email). $29.99/month

Get unlimited access to the Internet and your personal email accounts.

*Check and send personal emails when you’re out and about.
*Access up to 10 POP3 and IMAP email accounts.
*Enjoy unlimited Internet access.

The Email and Web for BlackBerry and Email and Web for Smartphone Features are designed for personal, consumer use and are not compatible with some Internet email service offerings or with email applications utilizing BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Desktop Software, Wireless Sync or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server or Good™ Mobile Messaging. These features cannot be used to tether your device to laptops, personal computers or other devices for any purpose other than syncing of data; any other use is not permitted using these features. Service is only available in the National Enhanced Services and Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas.

Translation for those who still don't get it

If you use your smartphone to access company/corporate email - you should select the $44.99/month data plan.

It doesn't matter whether it is technically possible to get your corporate email via Activesync with the $29.99/month plan. Verizon specifies the $44.99/month data plan if you use your Smartphone for corporate email.

Yes, it's possible to walk into 7-Eleven and put that candy bar in your pocket without paying for it - that does not make it right. When you sign up for Verizon Wireless services, you are agreeing to their terms of service.

No, I don't work for Verizon Wireless and I am not expecting any 'Thanks' for clarifying this :rolleyes:

Reactions: JFeisty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones