• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Corrupt Pictures Videos HELP!

delano0512

Lurker
Nov 24, 2011
Hello, I have tried lookig but can't find a fix for this issue. This is my third EVO with a third SD Card and I am having this issue again. I have narrowed it down to when the phone gets hot, (as in sitting in my pocket in Orlando on a summer's day hot. Not like in the car with the windows up hot.) It starts to corrupt pictures and videos, I haven't noticed any music as yet, but I don't have many music files on my phone. It could be another cause,but that is what I have noticed. This is really becoming and issue as it has deleted important pictures/videos of my kids. I have tried to have Photobucket auto back up but that has it's issues as well because of the file names being the same with past photos, battery life, signal issues, ect. I just want the phone to work as it should, take the pics/vids and store it on the card ready to be pulled of at a later date with out issue. Has anyone figured out a fix for this??

Hello, I have tried lookig but can't find a fix for this issue. This is my third EVO with a third SD Card and I am having this issue again. I have narrowed it down to when the phone gets hot, (as in sitting in my pocket in Orlando on a summer's day hot. Not like in the car with the windows up hot.) It starts to corrupt pictures and videos, I haven't noticed any music as yet, but I don't have many music files on my phone. It could be another cause,but that is what I have noticed. This is really becoming and issue as it has deleted important pictures/videos of my kids. I have tried to have Photobucket auto back up but that has it's issues as well because of the file names being the same with past photos, battery life, signal issues, ect. I just want the phone to work as it should, take the pics/vids and store it on the card ready to be pulled of at a later date with out issue. Has anyone figured out a fix for this??
welcome to the forums!!!!!!
i always backup my sd card periodically, just in case somethng goes wrong, i have it safe on my computer. but i never had or heard of this issue before. is your phone up to date as far as OTA's go?

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
As far as I know, I have it routed but no custom ROM installed. But the last two Evos I had were doing the same thing. This one has been ok so far, only corrupting files occasionally until recently. To help better understand when i say corrupt. I see the file, so to speak, but instead of a picture, they is a gray square with a white Play button icon in the center. If is tap on it to open the picture, nothing happens. Secondly pictures just look highly picsiclated (however you spell it) to the point that it looks like digital noise (just random colours) No actual picture. I have tried to insert the card into my laptop and the file names are just scrambled with icons where letters should be, or no name at all just blank. I have avast running on the phone and on my laptop and it hasn't found anything but I am wondering if anyone else if having this issue and if there is afix or prevention method? Sorry for the paragraph :) ....am I able to do an OTA with having it routed or will that brick my phone?

Upvote 0
As far as I know, I have it routed but no custom ROM installed. But the last two Evos I had were doing the same thing. This one has been ok so far, only corrupting files occasionally until recently. To help better understand when i say corrupt. I see the file, so to speak, but instead of a picture, they is a gray square with a white Play button icon in the center. If is tap on it to open the picture, nothing happens. Secondly pictures just look highly picsiclated (however you spell it) to the point that it looks like digital noise (just random colours) No actual picture. I have tried to insert the card into my laptop and the file names are just scrambled with icons where letters should be, or no name at all just blank. I have avast running on the phone and on my laptop and it hasn't found anything but I am wondering if anyone else if having this issue and if there is afix or prevention method? Sorry for the paragraph :) ....am I able to do an OTA with having it routed or will that brick my phone?

wait so you are rooted? what is your hboot? do you have recovery?

gonna move this to the rooted section, since you are rooted.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones