• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Cost of developing an app?

harryparry

Lurker
Jul 18, 2014
Hey,
I have been developing android apps for some time now and recently I got my first client who wants me to develop a moderate level app, which will take about 10 hrs for me to develop. Since, this is first time I am developing an app for such purpose I have no idea how much should I charge for this app. Can anyone please guide me in this matter.

Thanks

It depends on where you live and cost of living, for some $40 an hour is a fortune whilst others it is not. I live in the UK so $40 an hour isn't a great deal but I've done projects for that price before when other work has been sparse. Best way to calculate how much to charge is take a look at the hourly rate for jobs posting in your country in the mobile developer field and then add 50% on top

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones