• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

couple of wifi issues w/FroYo FRF91 on my N1

dougdroid

Dec 28, 2009
SoCA
I got my OTA( via Wifi ) update from frf50 to frf91 not long ago and the next day I noticed my WiFi Settings page was unresponsive. APs were showing up and it was cycling through the pages but I could not scroll up or down in the list. I think I could select one but scrolling was pretty useless. Later in the day, I was able to do this just fine so I chocked it off as a freak glitch.

But then, on the July 4th I was visiting a friend and snarfing wifi from his neighbor and while the signal was low and connectivity was going in and out, the N1 seemed to work fine until we were leaving. I could not unlock my phone. The touchscreen was unresponsive after many tries. The power button would sometimes just turn on the 4 buttons lights and not the LCD and when the LCD light turned on, it would sometimes brighten slowly. I gave up until we got home and then I was finally able to unlock it but it was not showing any WiFi icon. The Notification showed something like "Wifi Error" and I rebooted the N1 and all was good.

Considering the first problem I had with an unresponsive WiFi Seetings menu and scrolling and now this, I think there's a lingering problem in the WiFi section of the FRF91 load.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones