• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cox email on Incredible?

Cox is a pop3 mail client. To set up a new pop3 account on your Dinc: apps>mail>menu>more>new account>other (pop3/imap).
You will need to enter your cox email address and your password then hit next.
At the next setup screen you need to leave pop as the protocol, your email address should be shown as you entered it and you should enter or edit your user name on the account then hit next. It will then verify your account settings. If your information was entered correctly you will be brought to a screen to enter the pop3 settings for cox. Login required should be checked... your user name.. your password
your pop server should be (pop.western.cox.net) I'm in Kansas and mine is (pop.central.cox.net). The security type is none and server port should be 110. Again hit next. It will check your pop settings. If everything you've entered is correct you will be taken to a screen to set up the smtp server settings. The smtp sever should be (smtp.western.cox.net)... again mine is smtp.central.cox.net The security type should be SSL and the Server Port should be 465. Hitting next will verify your settings and if all is well... you will be brought to a screen where you have the option to make this account your default mail account. After you have your cox email account set up you can manage the way the Dinc checks for your mail and how you are notified when you have mail and such by again going to apps>mail>menu>more>settings... this will bring you to a screen of option links... go through each one.. it's very straight forward as to how you want your Dinc to manage your mail. I hope this works for you.... If not.. open up your email reader on your pc and check the settings against the information I gave you. You should be able to plug in the correct values if your cox servers differ from mine. Good luck and enjoy.

Reactions: ckar
Upvote 0
Hi All... after going through the many steps to get Cox E mail to work on my Droid I found it to be intermittent at best and thus totally unreliable. Finally I just downloaded K9 and 100% of my problems went away. I guess it all comes down to software coding and the team at K9 knew that and just fixed it. Cox gets paid to sell services at a profit, not to make them easy to use for the customers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones