• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cracked screen question .

iAmerica29

Lurker
Jan 29, 2015
Hello!
I know this is very common and I've seen multiple answers.
I have a Note 2, it was dropped a month ago..possibly a little longer. It only had a little crack at the edge of the screen.. didn't even get in way of display. 2 weeks ago it was drooped again, this time it gave that spilled ink look. It gradually got worse throughout the day. At one point I could still kind of see the apps behind all the blue. By night time, it was black.
Where I'm at now, it cuts on... lights work. There's no touch reaction on the screen any longer. The main physical button works and lights up the buttons on the sides. I've contacted a shop (have no insurance) they said $200 to fix. I've seen them refurbished on ebay for less.

I was wondering if it's the screen and digitizer broken. Or if it's just the screen, which the whole ink thing makes me think it's not.

Thank you to any responses, sorry for the long post.

*also apologize if I'm using wrong prefix.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones