• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cracked Screen

Are you sure about this? Although I have never claimed I had understood that it's automatic. Most people don't even know about this so I doubt very much that the occasional claim would have any material financial impact on organisations like Amex.

Honestly I am also not very sure. All I know is if you receive damaged goods, you can file a claim against the merchant and get a replacement or refund.

Reactions: xIdkwtS
Upvote 0
You would have to sign up for it. If it's automatically protecting, the credit card company would filed for bankruptcy sooner or later.

This is incorrect.

The purchase protection programs by Amex, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are ALL automatically added to your cards. This happens when you receive the credit card for the first time and call in to activate the card. You ACCEPT the terms and they automatically enroll you.

Upvote 0
And I would say Visa will not be worth pursuing for an accidental damage claim. Only certain high end Visa cards have accidental damage like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card I have BUT...

They only cover a small amount. It is meant for small items like clothing that gets ripped or etc.

Just Google it. You'll see people requiring dealing with the Visa credit card company for over 2-3 months to get a claim and in the end its less than 1/2 of what they tried to claim for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones