• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Create a shortcut/widget

I've created several profiles and a number of tasks with Tasker. However, I'm unable to create a new widget on my home screen, even though I've previously done so.
First of all, I've tried following the Tasker wiki: Long press on blank spot on home screen.... All that gets is a dialog about wallpaper. I have Android version 4.0.4 on a Verizon Razr Maxx.
I haven't seen anything in any forum suggesting that the wiki is out of date, and I haven't been able to find any other way to create a new widget or shortcut.
What other info might you need to help me?
Thanks.

I'm not familiar with MotoBlur or whatever UI you have. Most other Android devices, including HTC Sense, Touichwiz etc etc, you long press the home screen to add widgets.

Tasker widgets are like any other widgets and appear in a list of all widgets that can be added. If you cannot add any widgets to the homescreen on your phone then you have a phone-specific issue that may be better addressed in your devices own forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones