• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Created a Random Picker for Picking Things from Images

Screenshot_20230531-195114.png

Background
I previously created a random picker app. It has many rave reviews.

That app is great for making list of different items you want to pick from regularly.

However, there are certain cases where you might want to quickly pick something without wanting to enter each item and/or because it wouldn't be feasible (A book shelf or grocery aisle)

I've now created another app to handle such cases. It has been in the works for some time now and I have recently refined and updated it. I would like to share it with all of you loving Android users to test it out.

How it Works
To use the app, just take pictures of the items you want to pick from.

Press a button to randomly an item

A cursor will appear in the selected image and on the picked item.

You can choose to have it pick the item again if desired.

Where to Download

The app can be downloaded from the PlayStore at Image Picker - Random Picker - Apps on Google Play.

Suggestions and feedback

I made this for myself and I thought I would share it with all of you. But I know other people are dealing with the same issues. I am willing to listen to any suggestions/feedback that will improve the app for me and everyone else. Please comment below.

Looks like you can't open photos or images, just from camera only
Looks like you've tried it. Would you mind leaving an honest review?

Adding from the gallery was the original way to add images. The updated version uses the camera. I decided to leave the former since based on my own usage doesn't seem like a common use case. I might put it back in upcoming versions.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones