• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CURRENT OWNERS--would you recommmend this phone?

Chrisat53

Dec 21, 2010
Hello all I'm getting ready to switch my fam(me, wife, mom, sister) to tmobile. Looking to set my mom on mytouch 4g b/c It's easy, wife wants mytouch 4g slide, my sister gets what she gets lol. I was looking at the sensation but thinking LGG2x with it being free, gives me flexibility if I want to sell in the new future and buy something new.

So the question is, have issues with the phone been largely resolved with updates? Or is it the same old___? I love everything about the phone except the bad reviews from half the people. Please be honest on if I should buy or not, it would be a huge help and much appreciated. And sorry for another thread like this lol.

Reactions: travelerdawg
I've had the phone for about a week now and so far the only issue i've had is the phone's reset on me 3 times. Most people say the random reset issues has never happened to them, but they probably also didn't notice if it did because they weren't paying attention. My phone reset the other day and the only reason i noticed it was because i caught it right after it happened. I went to check my battery usage and it said my phone had only been on for 2 minutes even though i left it on all night. The phone turns on pretty quickly though so it hasn't been a major problem for me thus far.

Another thing i noticed when using the GPS the other day is that the Wi-Fi was screwing the signal up when it was left on. It'll pick up signals from peoples houses and get confused as to where i'm heading. I turned left and it said i turned right and kept recalculating. As soon as i turned the Wi-Fi off, it worked perfectly.

But other than that, i love the phone. My sister has the Sensation and it's a great phone but i just like the freedom of having plain android.

Reactions: Chrisat53
Upvote 0
I have had the phone since back in May. Coming from the Behold 2 this phone was a tremendous step up.

All in all I like the phone very much. From what I have experienced and read, all android phones have issues. This included. I have been fortunate enough not to have experienced many of them. And what I have, well, they have not impacted me much.

There is a great development community for the phone, Head over to XDA developers if you are interested. So there are lots of ROM and Kernel options for you if stock doesn't suite you.

I have been on stock since I bought the phone. I rooted but that is it.

Take the negative you read with a grain of salt. Most of the power users have very high expectations and those are the people that spend a lot of time on these forums commenting.

Reactions: Chrisat53
Upvote 0
Got my phone yesterday and love it. Very fast, smooth, and love gingerbread. I've had fascinate, incredible, droid x, and both AT&T and verizon iPhones over the past year and it's better then them all. I'm paranoid it's going to go crazy and break on me b/c of all the complaints out there. I hope I have a good one! I have 14 days to decide I guess.

Upvote 0
I am a phone fanatic this phone is pretty fast. This phone even beat the HTC evo 3d and a hole lot of phones in a speed test. And for a radio on this phone just get the baddest and coolest radio apparently in the market called tunein radio works good.any ways this phone may have problems like the resetting but its okay it Aint the end of the world.worth the money. Ohh and this phone out beats the.sensation LG 2x has the terga 2 dual core. I can keep going but just check it out at a T-Mobile store

Upvote 0
Got my phone yesterday and love it. Very fast, smooth, and love gingerbread. I've had fascinate, incredible, droid x, and both AT&T and verizon iPhones over the past year and it's better then them all. I'm paranoid it's going to go crazy and break on me b/c of all the complaints out there. I hope I have a good one! I have 14 days to decide I guess.

Still like the phone? Had any issues?

Upvote 0
love the phone, havent really had any problems. no random reboots, i have had it start to bog down on me a few times but i make it worse b/c i just start hitting different things and that doesnt help. Maybe 3 battery pulls in the month that i've had it, thats not bad at all. my sister had to send her's back but the replacement has worked fine (we told them we DO NOT want a refurb and made sure it was a new phone). my mom's has not had any problems at all, so i think we lucked out. its a good phone, very fast, battery life is not bad at all and any issues i've ran into have been fixed by changing a setting on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones