• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom ROMS 2.3 Gingerbread and few more ?'s

Hey guys,
I know this may have been asked before, but I am newer at discovering rooting and flashing roms. I love my Galaxy S and have recently discovered by rooting I can flash Custom ROMS and get 2.3 (Gingerbread) early (Telus - Fascinate). Except... does anyone know which ones? What's great, what's not? I'd love to fix this lagging situation crap - and further customize the operation, look and feel of my phone as well.
Also I hate these damn factory apps - how do I go about deleting them?
I've been searching the internet, I've found a custom rom list, and unfortuneately I am new to this and everything isn't making much sense.

When I am ready to root and add a ROM or learn how to delete custom apps I will find that the tutorial guide on this forum will be just perfect.
Help Please?

Moved to Fascinate section. I9000 roms do not work on the fascinate.

i9000 roms do work on the Telus Fascinate. You lose use of the home button but everything else seems to function fine. My phone ran well on the i9000 version of CM7. It was on that port for about a month before I changed over to the T959 Vibrant port of CM7.

As I have posted in the past, when you think you are ready to flash a custom rom, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. When you have finished that, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AGAIN. Repeat until you not only understand the procedures but also understand the consequences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones