• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Custom tones for notifications

Having trouble getting my personal notifications on my SD card to show up.

Have done all of the typical troubleshooting tricks:
1) checked to see if my SD setup is media>audio>alarms, media>audio>ringtones, media>audio>notifications (all lowercase)

2) tried it with "SD card notifications" both clicked/enabled and unclicked/disabled.

3) tried to use RingDroid to customize them as notifications

....I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Anyone??

On my Hero I created a 'notifications' folder on the root of my SD Card, I would recommend trying that.
Dude!!!
You are my friggin' HERO!!!

It worked! I set one up as that, and another one up as "notificationringtones"... I have no idea which of them did the trick, but I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lie.

Thank you so much again for your suggestion! It amazes me that nearly an hour on the phone with a T-mobile technical rep couldn't solve this, and you did it in the span of minutes. Again, muchas MUCHAS gracias!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones