• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Customize Launchers

saptech

Android Expert
Dec 9, 2011
Third Stone from the Sun
Ok, I'm now beginning to customize my Strat with different Launchers. I've currently installed ADW.Launcher and Go Launcher EX. I'm testing them both to see which one I may keep if not both.

My question is if I make one the default launcher, I keep seeing this checkbox message, "Use by default for this action", Clear default in Home Settings > Applications > Manage applications.

If I select that, will I be able to choose another launcher the default again if I change my mind? If so, how would I do it?

Currently if I press the Home button, I have 3 options to choose. ADW, GO Launcher & TWLauncher, the one came with the Strat.

Thnx.

You have to first check the "make default" box and then select which launcher you want to open when you hit the home button. You can remove this default setting in the directions you mentioned.

After you set which launcher to use for default, you can still choose a different one by opening another launcher in the app drawer.

There used to be an app called Home Switcher that was used to make it easier to switch launchers but I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if it's still updated. That would be a good app to help with switching launchers until you've decided which one you prefer.

Reactions: saptech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones