• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cut & Paste Secure docs to Droid X using 2 free apps

WTF

Sep 11, 2010
Mile High City
I did a search here but couldn't find anything that was much help - my apologies if someone had posted this before and I missed it...

I've only had my DX for a couple of days now but I'm trying to duplicate the functionality I had with my previous phone, A Palm 755p. One of the things I liked about the Palm was that it was easy to have secure/passworded text docs on the phone and I wanted to have the same on my new DX.

Unfortunately it hasn't been as easy to either transfer files or secure them, but I've found some free apps that get the job done and wanted to share the results of my research here in case anyone needs similar functionality on their DX.

The copy & paste app is Copipe and the secure folder app is B-Folders, both of which I found on AppBrain (I'm also using EStrongs File Explorer as my file manager).

The files I wanted to transfer were text files on my PC - I synced my DX with my PC and transferred them to my SD card. Then with Copipe I copied them one by one and pasted them into new documents in the B-Folders app - the "copy all" selection even copied the text file names with the text itself - very easy! When I was done with the pasting I deleted the original text files from my SD card and that's it.

It seems there were some postings here that stated Copy & Paste can't be done without rooting but Copipe works fine on my 2-day-old, unrooted DX.

The best part is it's all free!

I'm sure there are other ways to do this but I just wanted to share what worked for me - I hope this helps someone out there trying to do the same:cool:

Reactions: llamakc

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones