Cyanogen aborted

Last Updated:

1. MrMike

MrMike Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to flashing ROMs, and decided to have a play with Cyanogen. I used the one click root method, installed ROM manager, downloaded Cyanogen RC2 and tried to flash it. It keeps aborting. I'm unsure what's wrong so any help is appreciated. Here is the end of the log...

assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.2012" || getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012"
    E:Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/nexus/testing/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    Failure at line 5:
    install_zip SDCARD:/clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/nexus/testing/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip

Advertisement
  2. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

File might be corrupted. Maybe try a manual download as well.

3. MrMike

Could it be the radio? My current one is baseband version 32.41.00.32H_5.08.00.04.

4. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

Try this, Download CM6 RC2 from XDA here. Put it in the root of your SD Card, reboot into recovery (VOL Down + Power), do a nandroid backup, Wipe, and install from there.

I don't use Clockwork so I've never tried ROM Manager but I believe the issue might stem from the fact that you are attempting to flash a custom ROM over a stock ROM without wiping.

P.S. The radio will work fine. I use the same one.

5. bjb.butler

bjb.butler Member

6. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

7. MrCast000

MrCast000 Member

Hey so what ended up working for you? I'm having the same problem. I keep trying to flash the cyanogen Rom. But after Rom manager takes me to recovery and it wipes everything, its starts loading the Rom then "aborts."

baked snacks loaded just fine but cyanogen won't. What can I do? Can someone point me to a link or somethin its been resolved?

I have the evo 4g BTW.

8. MrMike

I got Enomthers ROM working fine. To be honest, I haven't tried CMs since Enoms worked so I'm still unsure what the problem is/was.