• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen aborted

MrMike

May 19, 2010
I'm new to flashing ROMs, and decided to have a play with Cyanogen. I used the one click root method, installed ROM manager, downloaded Cyanogen RC2 and tried to flash it. It keeps aborting. I'm unsure what's wrong so any help is appreciated. Here is the end of the log...

assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.2012" || getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012"
E:Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/nexus/testing/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 5:
install_zip SDCARD:/clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/nexus/testing/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip

I'm new to flashing ROMs, and decided to have a play with Cyanogen. I used the one click root method, installed ROM manager, downloaded Cyanogen RC2 and tried to flash it. It keeps aborting. I'm unsure what's wrong so any help is appreciated. Here is the end of the log...

assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.2012" || getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012"
E:Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/nexus/testing/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 5:
install_zip SDCARD:/clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/nexus/testing/update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip

File might be corrupted. Maybe try a manual download as well.

Upvote 0
Try this, Download CM6 RC2 from XDA here. Put it in the root of your SD Card, reboot into recovery (VOL Down + Power), do a nandroid backup, Wipe, and install from there.

I don't use Clockwork so I've never tried ROM Manager but I believe the issue might stem from the fact that you are attempting to flash a custom ROM over a stock ROM without wiping.

P.S. The radio will work fine. I use the same one.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey so what ended up working for you? I'm having the same problem. I keep trying to flash the cyanogen Rom. But after Rom manager takes me to recovery and it wipes everything, its starts loading the Rom then "aborts."

baked snacks loaded just fine but cyanogen won't. What can I do? Can someone point me to a link or somethin its been resolved?

I have the evo 4g BTW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones