• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen + Metamorph = Huge Disaster

jfe

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2009
OK, I am really enjoying the Cyanogen ROM, it is fast, stable, has the Launcher 2 that has yet to crash on me, actually, the whole thing hasn't crashed at all, and running perfectly.

That is until I decided to install the Smoked Glass theme from Metamorph.

Oh Boy, that screwed up the Droid big time. I rebooted after installing the theme, and it would boot up, and after entering the unlock pattern, FC after FC, phone, bluetooth, everything was crashing

Had to reboot and load the Clockwork Orange (or something like that) backup that I performed

Thank God it worked

Went back to DroidMod, and reinstalled Cyanogen

And it's working like a charm

So, kids, don't mix those two, I had disastrous results

Understand that Cyanogen for the droid is being ported over from the Nexus one. It's not a "droid" rom like the ESE53 versions of 2.1

Try the HexFusion MM Theme for Cyanogen. That one looks great. You may have to apply the Launcher2 theme several times before it will take though (per the creator of the theme). I had to manually copy the image files to the Launcher2.apk file.

Upvote 0
http://forum.xda-dev...splay.php?f=560

Pretty sure anything for the Nexus 'should' work ok. But there are a few that are specifically for Koush's ROM.

CyanogenMod Forum -> Motorola Droid

The 24k MM (personal favorite), NexDeep, HexFusion, Droidinator

When I used the 24k MM theme I did lose my android keyboard and voice search. I ended up having to wipe again and re-flash the ROM clean and then install the MM theme. I did have the NexTheme on at that time, so I don't know if it was a problem with using those two themes one on top of the other or if the problem was with MM. I lean towards the issue being the themes install on top on each other because after the wipe everything works perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones