Cyanogen + Metamorph = Huge Disaster

Last Updated:

1. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, I am really enjoying the Cyanogen ROM, it is fast, stable, has the Launcher 2 that has yet to crash on me, actually, the whole thing hasn't crashed at all, and running perfectly.

That is until I decided to install the Smoked Glass theme from Metamorph.

Oh Boy, that screwed up the Droid big time. I rebooted after installing the theme, and it would boot up, and after entering the unlock pattern, FC after FC, phone, bluetooth, everything was crashing

Had to reboot and load the Clockwork Orange (or something like that) backup that I performed

Thank God it worked

Went back to DroidMod, and reinstalled Cyanogen

And it's working like a charm

So, kids, don't mix those two, I had disastrous results

Advertisement
  2. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

You must use metamorph themes which specify they are cyanogenmod compatible. CM uses different framework, as you quickly found out.

3. ianthomas

ianthomas Member

Same thing happened to me

4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Understand that Cyanogen for the droid is being ported over from the Nexus one. It's not a "droid" rom like the ESE53 versions of 2.1

Try the HexFusion MM Theme for Cyanogen. That one looks great. You may have to apply the Launcher2 theme several times before it will take though (per the creator of the theme). I had to manually copy the image files to the Launcher2.apk file.

5. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

What is the best place to find compatible themes?

6. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

http://forum.xda-dev...splay.php?f=560

Pretty sure anything for the Nexus 'should' work ok. But there are a few that are specifically for Koush's ROM.

CyanogenMod Forum -> Motorola Droid

The 24k MM (personal favorite), NexDeep, HexFusion, Droidinator

When I used the 24k MM theme I did lose my android keyboard and voice search. I ended up having to wipe again and re-flash the ROM clean and then install the MM theme. I did have the NexTheme on at that time, so I don't know if it was a problem with using those two themes one on top of the other or if the problem was with MM. I lean towards the issue being the themes install on top on each other because after the wipe everything works perfect.

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Anything for the Nexus will work and yea there are some themes being ported specifically for Koush/Cyanogen. Like emdmao said you can get themes at the CyanogenMOD forum (in both the Nexus and Droid sections) or goto www.forum.xda-developers.com and find the Nexus One themes section.