• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen mod with old sense data from nandroid

I was thinking about installing the cyanogen mod but I was wondering is it possible to restore the data from a nandroid backup that was running the stock rooted sense on the evo?

A nandroid will overwrite everything including cyanogen and bring you back to stock sense.

I do believe the answer is no from a nandroid. I believe it is possible to backup data using Titanium Backup and then restore from that once you install the new rom. That would only work on a program to program basis though, like you can't save your contacts from htc people and then restore them to stock cm6 contacts app.

This is not entirely true. The new versions of TB has an experimental feature for migrating system data across incompatible rom versions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones