• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10 ROM (Jellybean) on the Fusion 2

I would recommend CM10.1. I have been using it for maybe two months now with no issues.

Yes, EVERYTHING will be erased after you root. So put your files in your laptop before starting. :)

No, your camera will still be 1.3MP. The camera app that comes with CM is much better though. And actually, I'm using the 4.3 camera, and using the volume keys to take a shot is very nice. Shots are more stabilized.

There's not really a risk in rooting and flashing stuff unless you use the wrong files. But make sure you do the IMEI fix correctly, otherwise your phone won't be traceable like ever if you decide to install a program to do that. You also risk someone coming up to you demanding to have their phone back... And yes, I'm being dead serious about that, hahaha. Someone got their Fusion stolen with the wrong IMEI info and someone put another SIM in it.

And yeah, you'll be able to move from CM9 to 10.1 easily. It's just a wipe of the system partition mostly. The lock bug isn't an issue on those ROMs.

And no problem!

Thanks again! Can you give me a guide to install CM 10.1 please and also the requirements? Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
hi guys i just joined this forum and i just did this mod but i'm having a little issue like when i connect my data cable it shud pop up on the phone "touch to copy" n "usb debugging...." but when i connect my usb cable it doesn't show anything tho it comes as a media player in mah computer n i can also browse my files too but i want the default way cause this one so slow pls help me guys......

Upvote 0
Good I have a problem carge rom everything and goes excellent, except that when the screen is off with a shine've searched and can not find how to make it black as before. Of course I appreciate all your effort. thanks thanks. I await your response to see if they can help, they are appreciate.

**Bugs fixed in second download, but you lose overclock.**

Just download the bug free version, you don't have to do a full wipe, just wipe dalvik and cache, and flash the updated version if you are still on this ROM.

They are both there because one allows for overclocking but it has the screen bug.

I wanted people to be able to pick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones