• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 is out...

This was my first go at cyanogenmod (unless you count UD10 ;)), and I gotta admit, I was not impressed. First thing I noticed was that it wasn't as responsive as most other ROMs w/ any kernel I used. Secondly, the FC started to come, most annoyingly w/ the launcher. Now, if UD10 is def the same (and considering I could theme that on ROM Manager, I'm thinking so, lol) it def worked better for my Droid. Not that it wasn't w/o it's own share of dilemas. I was def not happy w/ that latest installment of UD. To this day, UD9.8 remains the fastest, most responsive, and best optimizing ROM for my Droid, so I went back to that.

Now, since others have reported similar issues, I'm thinking there's some bugs that need to be worked out of 5.0.6.2. To those who've used cyanogenmod before, how does this compare to previous incarnations? On a side note, this was the smoothest I've ever seen the 3D app drawer work. And these are so easy to theme. I'm def interested in this ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones