• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just wondering but has anyone even TRIED to port Cyanogenmod to the Rush? I mean come on; I know the rush can handle CM10 at the LEAST. I'd try myself but I have no clue how to build or port ROMs. I don't in any way mean to sound like a d**k or disrespectful in any way cause I know how hard you all work...but I mean... come on. CM has been out for quite awhile now.

well our sister phone is having development on it. but from the way it looks, there are some problems with it compiling correctly. not to mention its not booting when its being installed. there are a lot of problems for it. but hopefully when that gets a working cyanogenmod our phones will get the same treatment

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have backup. Also have cat log.
Great, this build shouldn't be too difficult. I'll start a dev thread here and get the first alpha up within just a day or two, it's about time we do this. I have almost everything i need to do it now. When i get home I'll get the wheels turning and hopefully the first build will compile without many errors. Just be patient and make a backup so you don't brick your phone if you skip a step flashing. Wish me luck, I'm going in!

Upvote 0
Luck has been wished. I've been jonesing for a cm port for so long.
I just made a new backup. Will copy to PC soon.
I'm using cwm recovery with kit Kat explosion ROM.
When you get a Dev page can you posta link to it here? I would like to subscribe to it.
Absolutely. I'm a single parent so that has to take priority right now obviously and I appreciate your patience, I have everything I need now to build 10.1 and this afternoon I plan on taking a crack at it when I can sit down for a minute and start the process, I figure start at 10.1 and we can go from there. I'm as excited as the rest of you to do this so just bare with me and hopefully quickly we will make this phone really nice. I have an LG Volt and I am working on CM11 and CM12 as a dev with them so I'm taking a break to do this as my Rush is pretty banged up, the back is broken and falls off constantly lol. As soon as I get the first build done, I will start a new Dev thread :)

Upvote 0
I had to start fresh, my daughter threw apple juice on my laptop and made it start smoking like a cigarette and I lost years of my work. My hard drive was toast and like most families in my area we have VERY limited income so I pieced together another one from very old parts (pre 2007) and no one I know has a laptop I can fix or borrow for this =/ It's working but very slow and I am hoping it will stay working til summer when I can get a new one but I don't have high hopes with that. Anyway, I installed Lubuntu since thats all this thing will run and I downloaded android studio and the Oracle JDK and I am starting fresh right now and I am about to start again...I feel bad making you all wait since this is long overdue but I have little to no help right now so your encouraging words were a welcome sight when I was finally able to check back here. Things are moving slowly but they are a movin, thanks for hanging in there with me I KNOW this can be done!

Upvote 0
Screenshot from 2015-01-14 17:56:58.png

Reactions: Edszx
Upvote 0
*update*

I'm syncing up with the Cyanogenmod repos now and when that finishes, I'll compile and build our first alpha, everything may not work, be broken full of bugs, bannana peels etc :) I'll take one for the team and flash the alpha and see if it works. IF it does, ill post the alpha for you all to try, please don't attempt it if you do not have a full understanding of how to make a backup, restore using a custom recovery and i strongly advise using TWRP and you need to have an idea what a logcat is and how to post one, because if you don't and you get stuck after you flash this I CANNOT help you. I'll check back in tonight with good news hopefully, lets rally the troops!!! :D

Upvote 0
I use cwmr. I'm well versed with it. Will you make it cwm flashable?
I can, it will be a .zip so we can try the different recoveries we have here and see what works and what doesn't. As for odin I would like to get this version stable before I attempt it but I'm not ruling it out.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys, it's been quite a day! I managed to almost have the repos synced earlier today but internet isp flaked and I lost the connection and had to start again, it's ok and I am syncing again now so it can continue while I sleep, for anyone that has never done this syncing can take up to 6 hours depending on connection and the files downloaded from Cyanogenmod add up to about 50 gigs. Anyway, I set up a github and I'll start making commits in the morning as I combine the source code from Samsung for the Rush with the Cyanogenmod source using the Reverb Cyanogenmod source as a loose guide as it is almost identical to the Rush. I'll have a lot more to say tomorrow when I can get back to this but I have a pretty busy day ahead of me but I'll update you as I go =) cheers

*edit* Our Github is set up here: https://github.com/sandsmaine/CyanogenRush Bookmark it to keep track of changes and commits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello fellow Rush users! I am almost finished building the ROM! I was able to get my hands on an AMD quad laptop and got the ball rolling after I tranferred a ton of files and re-synced everything. Right now I am putting the finishing touches on our updater-script and build.prop so I can feel confident about us flashing this safely, and like I said lol I'm going first so I REALLY hope it works the first time. Anyway, just wanted to update you on my progress and the image and let you know the .zip WILL be up by 10 or so tomorrow night for anyone that wants to help us develop it =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones