Data connection says "G"

Last Updated:

1. steveopolis

steveopolis Member This Topic's Starter

What does it mean when the data connection on my sprint hero says G above the two arrows?
    Before it was EV, but now it says G?

My internet seems really fast now too.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I am assuming there was a corrupted database here as I know I have answered this question already

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Yeah, DonB, this is like the third thread I have seen about this recently. Hopefully, people are actually using the search feature.

Hmm, this looks like the exact same thread that I answered in a couple days ago. I guess the forum database was restored to a few days back?

4. cij1916

cij1916 Well-Known Member

Well I just went thru the pages til at lease 8/7, I don't see anything about a G, and if you search for the letter G, you get nothing.

5. Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Member

With that same amount of time you guys spend whining at him, you could have just answered his question...

I assume its maybe stuck in some sort of roaming mode? Never seen that. Try toggling airplane mode if you haven't already.

cij1916 likes this.
  6. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Guess what? I did answer the question in this thread. Then Android Forums did maintenance yesterday and all of the threads were rolled back a couple days. This obliterated my post. I do not see where DonB or myself were whining at him or anyone. When I said third thread with this subject recently, I meant in the last three or four months, not the last few days.

Keeping on the topic, I will reiterate what I surmised before my post was erased. All I can think of is that perhaps the handset reverted to its "GSM roots" and displayed 'G' because it thought it was on the GPRS data network, despite it actually being a CDMA handset.

7. Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Member

Ok, you weren't whining, its just both of you mentioned "I already answered this but the database got restored..."

Ok, I guess it did, if you know the answer just reply again with it, for future reference, for other ppl. Not trying to be a d!ck, just saying... :)

And the GSM thing makes sense I guess. Maybe a theme was installed?

8. dricky

dricky Active Member

Not to whine lol. I asked this question a few months back, and not a single person answered. I personally haven't seen anyone else ask this. When I had this I was unable to connect to the internet at all. Personally I would like to know the reason that is 100% a fact.

9. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

I also had the "G" symbol a few days ago. It has since gone back to "Ev". I believe it reverted after a healthy reboot.