Data Connectivity IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. autox z

autox z New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my incredible yesturday and was using it at home no problems. Took it to work today and cannot get any data connections to work. I've tried doing the *228 updates to no avail. The strange part is that when the phone first turns on data works fine for a few minutes and then quits. Restarting the phone causes the same thing to happen every time, data works great for ~2 minutes then nothing after that.

The 3G icon is active and flashes intermitantly and I have 2 bars of signal. Going into the phone settings I have -90 dBm, am in service and not roaming. I can also send texts and make calls with no issue, its only that data that is not working.

Advertisement
  2. autox z

autox z New Member This Topic's Starter

Upon further inspection it seems to be a network issue, not a phone issue. My old BB, which I still have, is experiencing the same issues. I used the BB in this office for a year without any problems, they must be working on the tower or something. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Many of us have had the same issue and it was a Verizon problem. You need to call CS and they will manually register your phone on their network. Mine worked the first day I activated it, but then the 3g data stopped working until I called Verizon, they did something and then had me reboot the phone and it's been fine ever since.