• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Plans Differences?

Scamp

Sep 24, 2008
Looking at the three T-Mobile data plans for the G1 I'm not sure what the differences are....

G1 Service Plus - $34.99
Get unlimited communication capabilities, with unlimited Web access and domestic messages.

Includes unlimited Web access, unlimited personal e-mail, and unlimited domestic text, picture, and instant messages.

G1 Service - $24.99
Includes Unlimited Web access and 400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages

G1 Data-Only Service - $24.99
Get unlimited Web access.

I understand the limits on text messages, but that's the deal with Email?
If I'm using my gmail account on my G1 would each email count towards the 400? If I have the data-only plan can I not use email at all? That makes no sense.

Also, since the last two options are the same price, what's the difference? Why even offer the data-only?

Looking at the three T-Mobile data plans for the G1 I'm not sure what the differences are....

G1 Service Plus - $34.99
Get unlimited communication capabilities, with unlimited Web access and domestic messages.

Includes unlimited Web access, unlimited personal e-mail, and unlimited domestic text, picture, and instant messages.

G1 Service - $24.99
Includes Unlimited Web access and 400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages

G1 Data-Only Service - $24.99
Get unlimited Web access.

I understand the limits on text messages, but that's the deal with Email?
If I'm using my gmail account on my G1 would each email count towards the 400? If I have the data-only plan can I not use email at all? That makes no sense.

Also, since the last two options are the same price, what's the difference? Why even offer the data-only?

No, I'm pretty sure gmail email is free, they're talking about the other email program as that uses a different protocol.

It would make no sense to sell a google-based phone and limit the amount of gmail emails you can receive, or not include them in the data part of the data plan at all.

Upvote 0
well...

first one is unlimited data and text. simple enough.
second one is unlimited data and 400 text. if you dont text too much
third one is unlimited data and no text.. which is pretty much designed for people that have like.. unlimited family txt or something, and tmobile doesn't give you a discount for not needing the 400 text. so.. choose wisely

dont take their wording so seriously. Reminds me of when the concept of cellphones were brand new, and I got my parents a cellphone and they asked me if they would get charged more the farther they are from the house. oh, the elderly are so coy. :]

Upvote 0
thus us definately the right thing, completely confirm. I work for the company.

$25 for Unlimited Data (internet, email, downloads) and 400 texts
$35 for Unlimited Data (internet, email, downloads) and unlimited texts
$25 for Unlimited Data (internet, email, downloads) and No Texts (only for Families w/ Unlimited txt because the system will not allow us to add a feature that includes text without overwriting what feature currently has text)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones