• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I enabled only GSM in settings but there are still two arrows with E above so the edge is still running even though I have only gsm allowed. I tried do disable data traffic and it worked but then I don't have acces to anything that requires internet connection.

What do you exactly want? As per my knowledge Edge comes under gsm not 3g

Upvote 0
I enabled only GSM in settings but there are still two arrows with E above so the edge is still running even though I have only gsm allowed. I tried do disable data traffic and it worked but then I don't have acces to anything that requires internet connection.

I am facing the same problem.
I enabled only GSM settings and yet i'm still charged for "GPRS". As per my knowledge, i thought once i only GSM is enabled, i'll only be able to surf the net when there are free wifi available. I dont want to keep on paying unknowingly for these GPRS charges as it's really expensive.

Am i doing anything wrong? is there anything else i can do?

WHen i disable the data traffic, i cannot access the internet (wifi) at all. but when i enable data traffic and GSM only, i have to pay for the internet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones