• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Usage

Jehantqs

Jan 12, 2021
Usage is set to recycle on the 27th of each month, but it doesn't reset . How do I reset the amount used without resetting the whole Moto E 2020? I use hardly any data , I mean talking MB's but buts me that it will not reset on the recycle date . I also DO NOT have Mobile Data (Access data using mobile network) checked because when that is checked I get warnings that I am going to go over my allotted amount. About ready to go back to iphone which at least I can reset at end of cycle ;(

Usage is set to recycle on the 27th of each month, but it doesn't reset . How do I reset the amount used without resetting the whole Moto E 2020? I use hardly any data , I mean talking MB's but buts me that it will not reset on the recycle date . I also DO NOT have Mobile Data (Access data using mobile network) checked because when that is checked I get warnings that I am going to go over my allotted amount. About ready to go back to iphone which at least I can reset at end of cycle ;(
Do you have a data saver somewhere on your cell?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I don't know Moto phones but does it not have a Settings feature called Data usage plan, or something similar? Every Android phone I've had does, where you can set a particular date and amount of data in your plan for the month.

I got mine set to recycle on the 1st of each month, and it does reset the amount.

This is from a Samsung, but other Android devices should have something similar.
Screenshot_20220819-071755_Smart Manager.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
screenshot.jpg

This is from a OnePlus phone running Android 12.

But you'll be seeing a similar menu option with a different appearance. Your Moto E 2020 is running Android 10, yes? Has this been a problem you have always had, or did it just start to occur recently?
If just recently, have you just restarted your phone? A lot of one-off glitches can be fixed by a simply restarting the phone. But if this has been a long-standing issue, have you gone into your Settings menu and tried changing some of the settings in the App data usage and the Data warning & limit menus? Perhaps you forgot or just inadvertently set up a data limit previously. With my carrier there's also a data limit setting in my account options. You might want to log into your account via your carrier's web page to check on that too, or if you have an app from your carrier installed check that instead.

If you're getting frustrated with how things work (or don't work) on your phone, a good way to get past that is to get more familiar with your phone's Settings menu. The Settings menu will be a direct reflection on the features that in your particular model, and once you get comfortable using the Settings menu than it's a lot easier to customize and optimize your phone so it works the way you expect it to. Sit down and just start going through all the menus and options, and keep in mind there are a lot contextual sub-menus and some options only accessible via a bizarre mix of gear icons, or three vertical dot icons, or three horizontal line icons. Or you might prefer reading through the User Manual for your model, in this instance see pg. 33
https://download.lenovo.com/Motorol...oto e.US Retail.UG.en-US.SSC8C82087-C_web.pdf
which indicates you should look into the Settings >> Network & internet >> Mobile network menu.

Upvote 0
thanks to all . No this has never happened before it always resets on the 26th.
I go to settings and I see , enter data usage and it it has two options APP data Usage Cycle (where I have set a data warning notification) The data Limit is set to 5.00 GB
The only othe roption when I go to settings and enter data usage says app data usage which is just a list of what the apps have used.

What is annoying me is when i go to settings and click on Mobile Network the below is what I see and have seen for two months now :( the same 64.60 which increases slightly everyday .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220819-111220.png
    Screenshot_20220819-111220.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
I don't know Moto phones but does it not have a Settings feature called Data usage plan, or something similar? Every Android phone I've had does, where you can set a particular date and amount of data in your plan for the month.

I got mine set to recycle on the 1st of each month, and it does reset the amount.

This is from a Samsung, but other Android devices should have something similar.
View attachment 163611
thanks to all . No this has never happened before it always resets on the 26th.
I go to settings and I see , enter data usage and it it has two options APP data Usage Cycle (where I have set a data warning notification) The data Limit is set to 5.00 GB
The only othe roption when I go to settings and enter data usage says app data usage which is just a list of what the apps have used.

What is annoying me is when i go to settings and click on Mobile Network the below is what I see and have seen for two months now :( the same 64.60 which increases slightly everyday .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220819-111220.png
    Screenshot_20220819-111220.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones