• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

data usage

jaybo1973

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Hi all

just started using a HTC sensation, so far its a nice update from my desire. Still trying to find the extra bits that the newer android and sense have to offer. I have heard that there is a built in equivalent to 3g watchdog? I can't seem to find it. There must be all kinds of updates from froyo.
An issue I have come across is if I click on a you tube link in facebook, it takes me straight to the website rather than giving me the option of using the app

Cheers guys

I think the upcoming ICS update should give you an inbuilt data counter (it does on my tab) so you might not need Watchdog for very long. Did you pay for it on the Desire? If yes and you're linked to the same gmail account, you should be able to download it again for free.

Re youtube, if you head to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Youtube, if you clear the defaults and you click a YT link again, does that give you the option to watch in youtube?

Reactions: jaybo1973
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. Yes paid for it on desire and am using same account. Have most of my apps back. I think it was a you tube clip I saw when reviewing sensation where a guy was on about usage. If was showing graphs for data, calls etc.

Another issue I have. I had the full version of sound hound on desire. Why would HTC include a add supported version on the sensation? An add version doesn't look very professional as a system app. Also, it can't be un installed so I will have it twice. The full version doesn't overwrite the free one.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Yeah, they full and free are 2 separate apps, the free one is included because HTC have some sort of deal with the devs I assume. That's the way most devs do it, although there are a few who have one app, and if you want to go pro, you buy a license key which unlocks the pro features of the app. Titanium Backup & ROM Manager are examples of that.

Upvote 0
I think the upcoming ICS update should give you an inbuilt data counter (it does on my tab) so you might not need Watchdog for very long. Did you pay for it on the Desire? If yes and you're linked to the same gmail account, you should be able to download it again for free.

Re youtube, if you head to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Youtube, if you clear the defaults and you click a YT link again, does that give you the option to watch in youtube?

There is no default set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones