• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data wont stop uploading

Ok so I have netcounter installed on my phone so that I can watch my data transfer. I enjoy seeing how much I transfer and on average I transfer 150 to 200 megs.

The last two days, I have done very little on my phone. To my surprise I open upt netcounter to see that i did over 205 megs yesterday and so far today I am at 175 megs. When I look to see where the data is coming from..it shows it is almost all Upload data. The graph shows that it started yesterday.

My worry is that there is some kinda virus on here or something. I can not imagine what would be non stop uploading. How can I find out what is currently using my data.

Ok so using spare parts I found what it is...It is mail. Now the big thing is, why? The only mail account that I use it an exchange active sync email. It shows bytes sent at around 180 megs and bytes received at like 4 megs. Anyone know why it would be non stop uploading.

UPDATE
So I figured it out. I had an email with an attachment that was stuck in my outbox that must have been trying to upload. Deleted it and I will see if that solved the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones