• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deactivated DX, can I use as GPS only?

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
Hey guys, finally after 2.5 years I said goodbye to my DX and moved on to Galaxy Note 2.

DX was deactivated, so I was hoping to use it as GPS Nav only in my car. I turned Standalone GPS on, went into Google Navigation, selected recent destinations and... it was stuck in Waiting for Location forever searching for GPS. Am I missing something? One thing to note, I did remove my microSD to move over to GN2, but i believe all the Nav stuff was in main memory anyway. Any idea how to get it to work as GPS? Thanks!!!

Thanks for replies! I was hoping it would work as standalone GPS unit. Obviously I don't have 3G activated with it, and it makes no sense to tether it to my Note 2 while I can use it as GPS itself.

I just remember there was some kind of a off-line mode where you download maps to use it "off line" which I assume was without data connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones