• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dead Acer Liquid E

Sexy Devil

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
India
Hello, I have an Acer Liquid E Ferrari Special Edition.
Android Eclair.
I wanted to upgrade it to Froyo. I downloaded it from the acer website. It was OS_Acer_4.005.04.AAP.G2F_A22F_LiquidE Ferrari. Used the Acer Liquid Tool Setup Wizard. The upgrade stopped after sometime and asked me to "Remove the battery for 10 seconds. Turn on your Acer and connect it to a PC". I followed but the upgrade again stopped after 50% with the same instruction.
Now my phone is completely blank. When I press the power button it vibrates once and nothing happens. I tried Power + Vol. Down + Camera, it vibrates 3 times then released these 3 buttons and again Power + Camera. But still nothing happens. I cannot get into Recovery.
My phone is not rooted.
Please find a way out !!..

Hello amendes. Welcome to Android Forums. If you will look, there is a date stamp attached to the message you answered. It's kind of you to help but that member has likely moved on since September. It's very nice of you to attempt to help and the information might well be important for another member. I just wanted to welcome you and give you a heads up on older messages/posts. Have fun, thanks for joining AF and thanks for being helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones