• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dead AGAIN!

Well, my N7 (first generation) is dead again. It died back in June some time after 4.2.1 came out - it wouldn't boot past the "X", wouldn't boot into recovery mode, etc. So, ASUS had me send it in and the "fixed" it.

On Friday I went to install 4.3. My N7 started to reboot then the screen with the Android lying down came up. Unfortunately, it didn't have the rotating "thingy" as in the past, I just had the Androig robot lying on his back with a big red triangle saying error above his open belly. Then, my N7 went into an endless reboot cycle never progressing past the "X" screen. I did a live chat with an ASUS rep and they're having me send it in again.

I'm super frustrated as I've had this table for 8 months now and I've lost 2 months due to system failures. At this point any money I've saved from choosing this table versus and iPad mini is being squandered on shipping charges to send it in for repairs!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones