• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dead G Tab

alphac3

Lurker
Jun 1, 2011
So I took a gamble and got a G tab off of ebay that said wouldn't power on and sure enough it does not power on. Was looking for Idea's. When the charger is plugged in the indicator light comes on red and will eventually turn green at any time when I push the power button the indicator light turns off and then there is no activity from the tablet. If I plug the charger back in after this the indicator light does not come back on, in order for it to come back on I have to disconnect the battery from the board. I have tried holding the volume and power and any other combinations with no luck. Even tried hooking it up to my pc to see if maybe it was in APX but my pc does not even detect a device. I even went as far to check voltages on the battery and the board but with out a schematic of the tablet its pretty pointless. Any help is appreciated.

So I took a gamble and got a G tab off of ebay that said wouldn't power on and sure enough it does not power on. Was looking for Idea's. When the charger is plugged in the indicator light comes on red and will eventually turn green at any time when I push the power button the indicator light turns off and then there is no activity from the tablet. If I plug the charger back in after this the indicator light does not come back on, in order for it to come back on I have to disconnect the battery from the board. I have tried holding the volume and power and any other combinations with no luck. Even tried hooking it up to my pc to see if maybe it was in APX but my pc does not even detect a device. I even went as far to check voltages on the battery and the board but with out a schematic of the tablet its pretty pointless. Any help is appreciated.

Have you installed the necessary drivers on your PC? Assuming you have a pc.
NVflash can usually help bring back a gtab from the dead if there are no other hardware defects present. Try it out.
http://androidforums.com/gtablet-support-troubleshooting/253801-nv-flash-full-factory-reset.html

Reactions: hcemc
Upvote 0
I tired doing the nv flash like in the post and I get it done all the way up to where he says to find the nv_flash bat and double click it. This is where I get lost. I don't find that anywhere in all the files I downloaded. Am I really this stupid or am I missing something?

There is a bootloader.bin, gtablet.bct, gtablet.cfg, part2.img, part3.img, part4.img, part5.img, part6.img, part7.img, part8.img, part9.img, part10.img, README and system.img. Now of these do anything when you click on them except ask what program you want to use to open them.

What am I missing? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I tired doing the nv flash like in the post and I get it done all the way up to where he says to find the nv_flash bat and double click it. This is where I get lost. I don't find that anywhere in all the files I downloaded. Am I really this stupid or am I missing something?

There is a bootloader.bin, gtablet.bct, gtablet.cfg, part2.img, part3.img, part4.img, part5.img, part6.img, part7.img, part8.img, part9.img, part10.img, README and system.img. Now of these do anything when you click on them except ask what program you want to use to open them.

What am I missing? :thinking:

Are you sure you want to do this, Hayride? I saw your other posts and I think you might be ok and NVflash might not be necessary.

Upvote 0
Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones