Dead tablet

Last Updated: 2012-09-06 06:15:42
  1. Imanutter

Imanutter New Member

Hi all, I have a goclever a73 tab which worked great untill I used the wrong charger on it. It then got very very hot, had to then open it up and desolder the battery from the board as the chip was untouchable. The big question is can it be fixed or anyone in the uk fix it?

Thanks all

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Hi Imanutter welcome to AF.

Sounds like you managed to fry it good and proper. This is a $100 budget Chinese device, I'm sure no one repairs these things. Certainly wouldn't be economic anyway, not in the UK. If you over-voltaged it or reversed polarity, you probably blew every chip in the thing.

Mind me asking, how did you manage to use the wrong charger? I thought most of these Chinese tablets used standard USB chargers, either mini or micro USB plug.
  3. Imanutter

Imanutter New Member

Thanks for your reply. It uses a small dc jack the same as my net book!!!!!!! It will try to switch on but shows a battery symbol with a escalation mark.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Your netbook charger like most PC laptop chargers is probably around 19 volts, AFAIK Android tablets only need 6 volts to charge. As it's showing a battery exclamation mark, means it's still alive and not blown completely, but you probably blew the charging circuit. Not economically repairable though in the UK, not unless you can DIY.
  5. Imanutter

Imanutter New Member

More than happy to DIY it as is broken now ( can't make it worse ) just need to work out what is the charging circuit. Can't find any schematic for it. Can anyone help?