• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Decent class 6 MicroSD card?

matttye

Android Expert
Apr 26, 2010
Lincoln, England
I currently have a Play.com 16GB class 2 MicroSD card.

This is actually very nice card as the slowest read speed I've had from the many tests I've ran is 13MBps, and the fastest is 15.5MBps. The write speed is a killer though, fastest I've had is 4MBps and slowest 2MBps.. dead on the SD specification. More often than not it runs at 2-2.5 MBps write speed.

Can anyone recommend a decent class 6 card that isn't going to have a severe drop in read speeds? I have a rom with Apps2SD on my phone now and I'm pretty sure the slow write speeds are what's making my phone sluggish!

PS. I've got 9GB free and not really interested in adding more data at the moment so I'll quite happily get an 8GB card if it's faster!

Thanks in advance :)

I currently have a Play.com 16GB class 2 MicroSD card.

This is actually very nice card as the slowest read speed I've had from the many tests I've ran is 13MBps, and the fastest is 15.5MBps. The write speed is a killer though, fastest I've had is 4MBps and slowest 2MBps.. dead on the SD specification. More often than not it runs at 2-2.5 MBps write speed.

Can anyone recommend a decent class 6 card that isn't going to have a severe drop in read speeds? I have a rom with Apps2SD on my phone now and I'm pretty sure the slow write speeds are what's making my phone sluggish!

PS. I've got 9GB free and not really interested in adding more data at the moment so I'll quite happily get an 8GB card if it's faster!

Thanks in advance :)

I've just brought a Transcend 16gb Class 6 card from Amazon via 'allmemorycards' around

Upvote 0
It means that readers that are meant to read SD, NOT SDHC (High Capacity) will not read this memory. (Most microSDHC's come with an adapter to make them fit into regular-sized SDHC card slots) What it means is that if you have an older SD card reader, meant for reading just SD, then it will not work. All technology nowadays including phone are running SDHC, however I know my dad's comp will not read a SDHC card, so im figuring he has a SD reader slot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones