• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Decision time - Netflix or Amazon Prime Instant

My 1 month free trials are ending shortly, so it's decision time. Ended up with both because my good lady wanted to see the Outlander series and said it was on Netflix, turned out it was on Amazon :) (thumbsup for the free trials!). Better add 'cos it's relevant - I'm in the UK so Netflix content in particular seems to be more limited than the USA service.

My thoughts:

Netflix - better TV series content, interface across devices is consistent, but has slightly worse movie content (at least for what we tend to watch)

Amazon - worse TV series content (Outlander is ok, sssshhhh wife likes it so that means its ace obviously), better movie content, annoying when you see something you want to watch but isn't Prime so costs extra, has the other Prime benefits

Any views/opinions to help me make my mind up would be very welcome.
I would think seriously about both if I could find a cheaper route to keeping the few channels from Sky Ent package we watch, plus the F1 channel :thinking:

I have both. Don't get Prime if you're only getting it for Instant Video. Most of its content is available on Netflix. It's also less accessible, as Amazon are straight up dicks about what you can view it on. They only made it available for Android tablets a month ago. They'll likely never let you cast it. I only watch Justified on there(which is now over). I have taken advantage of the free shipping a ton though, so it's paid for itself in that regard.

Upvote 0
Any views/opinions to help me make my mind up would be very welcome.
I would think seriously about both if I could find a cheaper route to keeping the few channels from Sky Ent package we watch, plus the F1 channel :thinking:

Older thread, but if you're still interested, call Sky and tell them you want to cancel using the excuse you don't want to pay the extra charge they've added to your bill to fund their ridiculous deal with the English FA. They'll offer your current package at a decreased price. Say no, they'll call back a couple of days later and offer at about half price.

I cancelled last year and I'm currently paying £13 a month for everything except sports.

Lather, rinse repeat every time your 12 month contract is up.

My brother hasn't paid full price for Sky for over 3 years. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones