• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default browser stopped showing Google Images

YouDummy

Apr 22, 2014
A couple of weeks ago, my Galaxy S3 stopped displaying Google Images. The thumbnail page is still displayed and thumbnails are intact, but when you click on anything, the page goes blank. I have no problems with Chrome or Firefox. I've tried clearing cookies and cache, rebooted the phone, swore at it. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas? I've a video of it, but since I'm a new user, I'm not allowed to post it.

Im having the exact same problem... its the reason i signed up a few mins ago. Haha

I just cleared everything out too and also cleared the RAM and checked the "load images" box in setting (it was checked)

And no go. Thumbnail page loads but when i press a image it just loads a blank white page.

BUT if i long press the image thumb and press view itll load like normal...

Upvote 0
hi there!
the same issue here, with SII, browser stock and 4.2.1 JB original.
google images doesn't work anymore with default browser, when i click on image it goes to blank page.
if i click on "view image", i can view and save image but google images slideshow doesn't work anymore.

if i use chrome, pop up image and slideshow work properly but i cannot save image, i've to click again on "view image" near the copyright disclaimer and then i can save images.

i thought it was my issue, even i have JB original, but reading your posts i think it is a google filter in google images, probably about copyright for images, in fact also in chrome now i have to click 2 times to save images, even if pop up and slideshow works well.

sorry 4 bad english and thanks for your forum & help.
regards,
marco

Upvote 0
I started having the same problem with Google images in stock browser 2-3 weeks ago. That's one reason I finally when ahead and signed up to join this site. So I could comment on the problem. I've been sand bagging here for a long time, getting answers and fixes without joining but, it kinda felt like cheating or something so, here I am. Anyway, I downloaded Chrome, which I don't really care for, and it seems to show Google images correctly. I'm running an unrooted S3, 4.3 JB on Sprint network which, I bought new from Sprint. I've only had the phone since March 3rd 2014 and it worked fine for the first 4-6 weeks when this problem arose. Also, in addition to getting noticeably slower and laggy, right around the same time, the camera flash started occasionally firing on its on as if I'm taking a picture. Even with the phone laying on a table and in sleep mode. These issues may not be related but, they did start about the same time. Crazy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones