• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default Keyboard bug

Dewey

Lurker
Nov 22, 2010
I have recently noticed a problem with the default Samsung keyboard. I don't know if it only started after the 4.3 update because I rarely use this keyboard. I used to use Perfect Keyboard exclusively but since the 4.3 update it has its own problems. So I tried using the default keyboard and here is what happens:

The bottom row of buttons do not register properly. When I hit the space bar, it registers the letter above (i.e. x, c, v, b, n - depending on where I hit the space bar). Likewise the period key registers m, enter registers backspace and the microphone/settings button registers z. Also, the backspace often registers l but not all the time.

I have tried the "clear data" trick but that did not work for me. After I reboot the phone, the keyboard will work for a while but then it gets screwy again. This only affects the bottom row and backspace key.

Any ideas? In the meantime I am using the Google keyboard. I may end up sticking with it.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones