default notification sd card

Last Updated:

1. discohornet

discohornet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I actually like the default ringer type sound that comes standard as the SD card mounting sound. I'd like for it to be my ringer. I actually got it to work once using tone picker app but it wasn't perfect and had some quirks when using it. What I'd like to do is find the actual file and make a copy of it in my ringer folder (I have root access).

But I looked high and low and cannot find where that default sound is on my droid. Anyone know?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

"droid.ogg" is located in the /system/media/audio/notifications folder. But I don't think just copying it to the ringtones folders will work. You'd have to either use a 3rd party app ... or copy and paste the file, delete one of the stock ones and rename droid.ogg. Make sense?

I just tested my theory using Root Explorer and it worked perfectly. I copied droid.ogg to the /system/media/audio/ringtones folder. Then I renamed DroidInvasion.ogg to DroidInvasion.ogg.bak (instead of deleting it). Lastly I renamed droid.ogg to DroidInvasion.ogg. When wanting the "DROID" ringtone, just select "Droid Invasion" and you're golden.

3. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Um shouldnt you just be able to move droid.ogg into ringtones and it'd show up right on top of Droid Invasion as "Droid" That's what mine did before I deleted all the stock ringtones.

Droid.ogg was already in /ringtones too. But maybe Pete added it there.

But to the OP, if you don't have root access you won't find it. If not PM me and I'll email you the file and all you have to do is put it in sdcard/ringtones

Edit: here's the file to download. someone uploaded it on 4shared.com

4. discohornet

hmmm, this is weird. See, I don't like the "Droid" notification. It was a lower-toned ringing sound. Like a digital phone ring but not the regular one here. It sounded like a phone, but lower pitched than the "digital phone" that is in the sounds folder.

Does that make sense? When you unmount your USB and have SD card notifications on you would get this sound.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I know exactly what your talking about. It's seems to be the new sound in some ROM's, ESE53 for me has it. I actually hate the sound lol but I will try to find it for you.

I looked in all the media/audio folders and it isn't in any of them. It might be some type of sound embedded into the system, I'm just guessing at this point.

6. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I don't know, when I connect my phone to the computer it does the "droid" sound

7. CRPercodani

Since flashing the ESE53 base mine no longer plays the Droid sound, it is now something like what discohornet described a few posts above.

8. messenger13

[zip file removed]

9. CRPercodani

It's not the "DRRROOOOIIID" voice Joe. It is like a home phone ringtone but a lower tone.

10. discohornet

heheh thanks guys. I do appreciate you trying to find this for me. Yeah, it's a home phone ringer basically. I know some people don't like it but it's perfect for me. I tried to do a search using root explorer for all .mp3 and .ogg files and didn't find it.

11. messenger13

One more try ... I do use the ringtone called "Bell Phone". Is that what you're looking for?

12. discohornet

Joe, thanks a million for your help, everyone else, thanks, seriously. But that's not the sound. I found it by mistake a long time ago and it still remains a secret I suppose....

A couple months ago I was using Tone Picker and when I pressed the "Default Ringtone" button within its UI it somehow picked out this lower toned digital phone ringer. For a while it was the sound my phone made when I unmounted the sd card. Now I don't get it anymore. I was thinking of digging through Pete's old themes to see if I can find it. But I don't know if it was a root thing.

13. messenger13

Do you have "Digital Phone" in your list? It reminds me of the "Hello Moto" commercial.

14. discohornet

yes I have heard that digital phone. This sound is very similar but lower pitched. I unzipped Pete's BB 0.7.5 and searched for mp3 and ogg and found nothing.

I am starting to think this was a default tone somehow embedded inside the apk for Tone Picker.

15. discohornet

just unzipped the Tone Picker apk file but only found one sound in it that's unplayable by any of my audio players (even using adobe soundbooth which should play almost anything).

16. messenger13

I have Tone Picker and I couldn't find any ringtones at all in it's .apk file.

17. CRPercodani

It definitely isn't inside of Tone Picker because I don't have that app but I do get the tone your talking about when my sd card is preparing.

18. messenger13

And you haven't offered up the .ogg file why??? ;)

19. discohornet

I think he hasn't shared it because it really doesn't tell you what the tone is. he probably never manually selected it and I don't think you can select that anyhow.

I wonder if it's a motorola thing...

Anyways, no need to waste anyone else's time just thought it would be awesome.

20. CRPercodani

Haha, I searched my entire phone with Root Explorer and I can't find it. I went through every folder and file in /system/media and it isn't in any of those. I can't figure out where the heck it's stored.