• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So once again tomorrow will be another Thursday the only day Verizon releases phones...once again the Thunderbolt will not be coming out and of course no official date will be put on it. So at this point after waiting this long anyone else starting to think about just waiting for the summer when all the other new 4G phones come out?

So once again tomorrow will be another Thursday the only day Verizon releases phones...once again the Thunderbolt will not be coming out and of course no official date will be put on it. So at this point after waiting this long anyone else starting to think about just waiting for the summer when all the other new 4G phones come out?

There has never been a date, the phone hasn't been delayed at all. Verzion has always said 1st Q 2011, that doesn't end until the end of March. Any date that has been anounced is pure rumor.

Also Verizon doesn't just release phones on Thursdays. Someone in another thread had the release dates for the last big phones starting with the Droid 1, while the last 4 or 5 have been on Thursdays, most were released on different days of the week.

Reactions: BCM
Upvote 0
Another one who thinks it's delayed.

Verizon has never put out any release dates, they've all been rumors and speculation. Even a bit of a mess up by Best Buy? Sure.

Verizon OFFICIALLY stated First Quarter of 2011, which we are currently in and ends March 31st.

That's All.

You can always wait and wait, and better phones will come out. When Summer comes, better ones will be coming out in the fall and same question will pop up. So on and So Forth. Part of life.

Upvote 0
Also Verizon doesn't just release phones on Thursdays. Someone in another thread had the release dates for the last big phones starting with the Droid 1, while the last 4 or 5 have been on Thursdays, most were released on different days of the week.

I believe a solid majority of them were on Thursdays. Something like 75% of them. At least on the list I saw that someone posted.

Upvote 0
I really don't want to dig through the 80 sum pages of the best buy details thread, so... if memory serves, they were somewhat scattered, with most of the 'non-thursday releases' towards the earlier dates. In other words: Yes, it was mostly a recent thing.

edit: found it, lol

here's a run down of the android phones release dates/days on VZW:

Fri: Eris - 11/6/2009
Fri: Droid - 11/6/2009
Thu: Devour - 2/25/2010
Thu: Incredible - 4/29/2010
Mon: Ally - 5/10/2010
Thu: Droid X - 7/15/2010
Thu: Droid 2 - 8/12/2010
Thu: Fascinate - 9/9/2010
Thu: Citrus - 11/11/2010
Thu: Continuum - 11/11/2010
Thu: Droid 2 Global - 11/11/2010
Thu: Droid Pro - 11/18/2010

one monday, 2 fridays, the rest are thursdays. this is the only thing keeping my hopes up for the 24th. otherwise i think we are looking at March 3 or later.

With the exception of one phone, they have been releasing them all on Thursdays since 2/25/2010.

Upvote 0
I went into my local Verizon and asked about the Thunderbolt today. The guy said that it looks like it's been pushed back till April. He said they can't get the battery to last more than 4 hours. If this is true, they might as well scratch the Thunderbolt and unveil the next phone on their list.

thought it was reported a couple days ago that this problem has been fixed?

Upvote 0
I went into my local Verizon and asked about the Thunderbolt today. The guy said that it looks like it's been pushed back till April. He said they can't get the battery to last more than 4 hours. If this is true, they might as well scratch the Thunderbolt and unveil the next phone on their list.

I've also heard the same thing, except the guy I talked to actually said the phone is still "being developed".

Yeesh, who to believe?

Upvote 0
I've also heard the same thing, except the guy I talked to actually said the phone is still "being developed".

Yeesh, who to believe?

HTC said the phone was shipped a while ago, so it's not being hardware developed.

BMX indicated that they're go for launch, which would have the strong indication that VZW engineering is done with it.

I think the hold up at this point involves internal politics and marketing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones