• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delayed Txts & Straight to voicemail

I-desire

Aug 7, 2010
This has been a persistant problem for a while now. Txts can be delayed by a couple of hours (pointless if someone requires an immediate reply) and call will go to voicemail and appear in my inbox as a missed call. Then i have to switch the phone off and try again. Pain in the ars. Any cures??? :thinking:

why do you have to switch off the phone?

part of your problem may be the fact that the Desire ( along with most phones) has only 1 2g radio so if you are in an area with No 3G coverage so the phone is using GPRS for data then any time it is actually using data it is not possible to recieve calls or texts. Turning off mobile data stops this. Obviously this is not a very useful solution but it might be worth trying as an experiment to see if this is the problem

Upvote 0
why do you have to switch off the phone?

part of your problem may be the fact that the Desire ( along with most phones) has only 1 2g radio so if you are in an area with No 3G coverage so the phone is using GPRS for data then any time it is actually using data it is not possible to recieve calls or texts. Turning off mobile data stops this. Obviously this is not a very useful solution but it might be worth trying as an experiment to see if this is the problem

Wi-fi and mobile net is constantly off on my phone, i just switch them on when i use them. As for turning the phone off, (and back on) i have to do this to stop calls going str8 to voicemail

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones