delete or hide preinstalled apps???

Last Updated:

1. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i read where you can't delete with out rooting or some work....can we hide them or possibly put them in a folder? i don't like seeing them in my app menu

Advertisement
  2. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member

i dont think you can 'delete' apps from the full app list, but you can take them off your 'home' screen. tap and hold the app until the haptic blips at you. then the grey rectangle at the bottom will turn into a trash can, simply drag the app into the trash and you're simply removing the shortcut from the home screen.

good luck
    PittCaleb

3. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

not yet... the Droid JUST came out so though I'm sure people are working on it, you're gonna have to give it a bit more time. Heck the CDMA Hero has been out for almost a month and still nothing.

4. Jerseyfirefighter

Jerseyfirefighter Member

Settings/apps/manage apps/ uninstall unwanted content

5. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

6. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Most likely, the stock apps are inbedded, so deleting them wont really be an option. Best you can really do is throw any icons/widgets in the trash off the homescreens.

7. DrDude

DrDude Member

Thanks for the tip about pressing on icon and dragging to trash. As you predicted, doesn't work for preinstalled apps. Too bad, b/c there's a lot of stuff that I'd love to get rid of to clean up my home screens.

8. CatsTide

you can remove everything from your home screens...you just can't get rid of preinstalled stuff in the apps tab.

9. Timmaaay4

Timmaaay4 Well-Known Member

i have found a app called advavced task manager free. it gives you the option on the 4th tab called uninstall, all of the apps and widgets are there, yes even the pre-installed ones. i have not tried to delete anything as far as pre-installed apps.

10. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

A lot of apps give you the option. When you try it tells you they are pre-installed and warns you it may not work. Even if they allow you to attempt to uninstall anyway, it should fail (permissions on the files don't allow for it...the phone needs to be rooted first).

11. CatsTide

just curious....when someone is able to root it...is it a difficult process or relatively painless?