• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire, Exchange PIN/code & LockPicker

TobesEtc

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2010
London, UK
UK HTC Desire on Vodafone, currently 2.1:

Don't laugh...

I recently set up my calendar to sync with Exchange, which worked perfectly. However, the security of Exchange meant that it insisted on having an unlock code.

Then I installed LockPicker to circumvent having to type in the code every time I used the phone. This also worked perfectly.

Now I've forgotten what the code is. Which doesn't matter, as LockPicker is still working fine. However, I'm on Vodafone, and rumour has it that we'll be getting Android 2.2 this week. Now, call me Old Mr Cynical, but I'm seeing a potential problem here... if LockPicker doesn't reinstall/transfer to 2.2 first time... I'm not going to be able to get into the phone!

So, before this all goes very pear shaped, is there a way (other than Factory Reset) of getting around this? Or, if I have to do a FR, then what's the best way to avoid aggro after the reset and get everything back how it currently is?

...I said Don't Laugh! ;o)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones