• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire SD Card corruption problems

couch

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
For the second time my Desire has managed to corrupt my 8Mb SD Card.

I've been using the card in my G1 (1.5 then 1.6) for 18 months with no problems, I transferred the card to my Desire and it had died within a month (when I was running stock Sense 2.1).

I reformatted it, and swapped the cards in the G1 and Desire (so that the Desire had the 4Mb that it came with, and the G1 the 8Mb it came with). The G1 (now running Froyo) has been using the 8Mb card for a month with no problems. Last night I swapped the cards back over, (moving all of the files from one to another using a computer). This morning while the Desire (now on standard 2.2) has been sitting doing nothing all night, the card is corrupt again.

Anyone else having these sorts of problems with SD Cards (or particular brands)?

Incidentally the problem card is ScanDisk 8Gb class 2

Yup! I did almost exactly the same thing - moving an 8Gb card from an old TouchDH to the new Desire and exactly the same thing happened - I lost all my data! All my photos, music and documents (I didn't back up, which was my mistake). I was very upset and tried using a USB micro memory card reader on a PC to retrieve the data but no luck. I ended up reformatting the card and now, 3 days later, it's OK ... so far ... but I can't trust it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones