• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] CWM Work In Progress

rbheromax is working on compiling CWM right now. I believe there will be a stock ROM (recovery) as well as an OC ROM coming out first. I've been sending him the partition exports and technical details from the phone.

I believe we had a breakthrough yesterday in regards to finding the boot partition, so we are making progress.

Reactions: FlatHead
Upvote 0
Glad to see another group working on the Illusion. I have a few interesting files for ya ;)

https://github.com/Motorhead1991/android_kernel_samsung_s5pv210
100% source built and functional, if you set it up right. (This is set for a remote initramfs). I have another project in testing on the Galaxy Proclaim (identical device), so depending on how this works out here, I may push my release date up.

Reactions: FlatHead
Upvote 0
Glad to see another group working on the Illusion. I have a few interesting files for ya ;)

https://github.com/Motorhead1991/android_kernel_samsung_s5pv210
100% source built and functional, if you set it up right. (This is set for a remote initramfs). I have another project in testing on the Galaxy Proclaim (identical device), so depending on how this works out here, I may push my release date up.

the proclaim kernel works like a charm that DroidHost put out, from your source, and i hear a rumor that cwm is in testing and debugging for proclaim and illusion that would be sweet...

Upvote 0
I don't think that was supposed to be visible... Oops :D

Thank you for pointing out our oversight, but unfortunately it needs to go back under restricted access. Now y'all know it exists now....

Ya the ADMINS forgot to restrict the access to those VIP boards to the VIPS and admins, beta testers, and Global Mods, OOOPSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D

Upvote 0
Hehe, the public will get an updated version of that also. It's not even out yet and I'm updating it. :p

should be wicked...

tprolusig.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones