• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [DEV] n00b ROM zRAM vm etc

What were the differences between the two kernels in your opinion with running n00b VII? Primarily, what downers were observed with the dms alien kernel with this rom?

With dms kernel it was pretty smooth i really liked it but when switching governors and under clocking (because smartassv2 is default oc to 1.6 ) and opening apps i noticed a slight lag and a delay between clicking on an app and them actually opening
So my opinion is they are both daily drivers its just personal preference
But zram doesn't play well with his kernel

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
I picked glitch because I know it's stable and has the features I want. Mainly that I can use sio and smartassv2 overclock and zram... Also I have known downthemachine longer and his kernel was the first fully functioning oc with zero issues.

I have played with alien kernel and am excited about it but haven't seen a compelling reason to switch yet.

Also, alien is starting to lean more towards a rom, it includes a build. Prop and scripts so flashing it over N00b can create conflicts since I have an edited build. Prop and in it. D scripts.

Upvote 0
updated the OP with my current test script, I think it's close now until DTM comes out with an updated kernel, I think he's on the brink of the perfect kernel :)

phone has been running this script well, also I do recommend using dtm's latest test kernel on post three of his kernel thread.

Thanks for the new info MrBobo! I'll be playing around today with the latest :D

I think DTM must have removed the test kernel on post 3 of his thread though because I'm not seeing any links on that post. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I picked glitch because I know it's stable and has the features I want. Mainly that I can use sio and smartassv2 overclock and zram... Also I have known downthemachine longer and his kernel was the first fully functioning oc with zero issues.

I have played with alien kernel and am excited about it but haven't seen a compelling reason to switch yet.

Also, alien is starting to lean more towards a rom, it includes a build. Prop and scripts so flashing it over N00b can create conflicts since I have an edited build. Prop and in it. D scripts.
Yes, I was pulling my hair out til I downloaded DTM's test build last night and everything is cool now. It's amazing how you can go from so many things wrong to everything perfect in a "Flash".

Upvote 0
That's because he moved the test kernels to post 4 of his glitch kernel thread.

Hmmmm, well, I'm not trying to be a pain but post 4 doesn't have any links either lol. I'm sure you all meant post 5. Which of the 4 links in post 5 is being referenced as good to go with n00bVII? I've had bad luck the past couple of weeks of assuming what somebody references and downloading the wrong thing or version of different scripts and I have two phones I'm updating haha If somebody could be clear by naming what they are referencing I would be most appreciative of your time in doing so :D

BTW I've already dl'd the new one on the OP here and will match it with the kernel suggested. Can't wait! I have about 15 different test kernels by DTM on my phone and probably already have it for all I know! Sheesh my head is spinning

Upvote 0
This is from post for of the glitch kernel top link http://db.tt/5jeEwsqu

Thank ya sir for the clarification. I just looked and it appears that DTM must have deleted post #1 because it starts with post #2 now. So when looking at it it looks like 4. Confusion now solved! I'm on Tapatalk which makes it worse when scrolling down. I don't count them I look at the numbers. Again, thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones