• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dictionary on Hero

pcb007

Lurker
Jul 30, 2009
Hello, can anybody please tell me how i can access the dictionary on the hero, added a few words by mistake that are wrong. Other threads suggest settings, locale,text then select user dictionary, unfortunately the dictionary option is not there for me. Any ideas please? Thanks

Paul

OK, You cant edit it but, to clear the user dictionary on the HTC Hero, you will need to navigate to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. Then once there, you will need to scroll down and find “Touch Input”. Click on that, and then tap the “Clear Data” button.
Again, this may not be the most ideal way to remove a word or two, but in the meantime it seems to be the best option. But moving forward, lets hope that HTC will offer a nicer way to edit (or delete) on a word by word basis.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones