• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did a simple timed battery test

HolyGrail

Dec 16, 2009
Ok...Did a test comparison with the Incredible. All syncs and apps running are exactly the same. Both phones on the home screen, with the screen always on toggle. Went to bed.

Woke up 6 hours later phones still both on. but both showing real low. Incredible dead first at 6:33, Thunderbolt followed at 6:45 (hours).

Now that being said, I think everyone should take into consideration that the thunderbolt is running a bigger screen as well as a faster processor, and that it still beats the incredible that is running on a smaller screen with a slower processor. An improvement. They were able to keep the same battery life on a more powerful device.

Battery is the one technology (besides hard drives) that is still a technical bottleneck. New tech keeps coming out, but unless they find a way to approve on battery life, be prepare to keep being limited by it.

So a next good test would be to turn the mobile data radios on, on both phones, and do the same test. Are you in an LTE market ? That would show if the 4G radio is sucking down more juice than the 3G radio in the DInc.

You'd have to have both devices have the same apps / accounts sync times the same.

Upvote 0
So a next good test would be to turn the mobile data radios on, on both phones, and do the same test. Are you in an LTE market ? That would show if the 4G radio is sucking down more juice than the 3G radio in the DInc.

You'd have to have both devices have the same apps / accounts sync times the same.

Well on my first test they both had the same apps. Accounts sync settings were the same.

As far as LTE I'm about 10 minutes away (driving). This was to test to compare batteries with the same everything. It really wouldn't be a good test to have one on 4g and one on 3g.

Upvote 0
Well on my first test they both had the same apps. Accounts sync settings were the same.

As far as LTE I'm about 10 minutes away (driving). This was to test to compare batteries with the same everything. It really wouldn't be a good test to have one on 4g and one on 3g.

Sure it would, with the phones dieing less than 15 mins appart. It would give you a general idea as to what 4g actually consumes compared to 3g.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones